Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Take Advice

There is one thing about people. Some you really like and others you don't care for all that much. It's just human nature to not like some people. The way they look, act or remind you of someone else that was not very nice to you. One thing I've found out about the people that I don't like and that is this, I don't want to hear anything about what they have to say.

Now it's easy in yahoo groups and emails to get an attitude about one of the people who post on these groups. Once you get this opinion of them, you automatically delete any email from them before reading it. Let's face it, you don't want to hear their advice on anything. How do I know this? I have a camera in you house and have watched you do it. No, really, I've done it myself. Then I realized, even if I don't like them maybe I can learn something from them. Everyone is knowledgeable about something. Why should I deny myself that knowledge just because I don't like the person?

And so I've been more cautious, both online and in person, to make sure I listen to what everyone has to say. If you do the same I think you will notice you may even start liking that person a little more than you already do. Take it from me, Mr. Close Minded, it's a growing process and one worth practicing!

No comments: